Share This Page:

Therapeutic Riding Lessons

Equine Activities & Therapies

High Hopes accommodates all four elements of therapeutic riding as defined by PATH Intl.: Recreation, Therapy, Sport, and Medicine in a unique way through our interdisciplinary team approach that includes the applied practices of both the Therapeutic Riding Instructor and licensed Therapists in the areas of Physical, Occupational, Speech and Language and Expressive Therapies.

Payment Information

$540 per 12-week semester & $270 per 6-week semester

 

Weekly riding lessons are tuition based and run six days a week
serving approximately 40 participants per day ages 4-84.

More Info & Applications

Scholarship Information

Fees for service cover approximately 28% of our costs and donations enable us to subsidize the remaining 72%.

 

With our commitment to accepting participants into our programs based on therapeutic need, regardless of financial means, we offer further scholarship assistance to those unable to pay the established fees.

Fifty percent of our Equine Assisted Activities program participants received direct scholarship assistance toward their program fees.

Apply

Therapeutic riding lessons are planned with the individual’s educational, physical, social and recreational goals in mind.  Participants with a wide array of disabilities are active in this program, which comprises the core of High Hopes’ services. Prospective participants who express interest in the program are provided with information and the forms required for application. Once all forms are completed and returned to us, our staff assesses the applicant’s eligibility.

Once an applicant is accepted in the program, therapeutic goals are established and progress is documented. Most participants have one 30-60 minute lesson each week for the length of the semester, with the majority continuing their lessons from one semester to the next. A PATH Intl. certified instructor conducts each lesson. Lesson activities may include developing basic riding skills, exercises, games and riding the trails.

All lessons take place in groups or individually using our indoor and outdoor arenas as well as our expansive trails year-round.

Indoor Arena

Outdoor Arena

Trails

  • You change people's lives in large and small ways that you cannot possibly imagine. I'm living proof of that fact.
    ~ A High Hopes Participant