High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. in Old Lyme, CT is seeking an individual with equine care, building and farm maintenance skills to assist in the care and maintenance of our horses, facility and grounds. As an integral team member, communication and organizational skills are essential. Horse experience required. Light carpentry and mechanical skills preferred. Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, the ability to manage individual work projects, be reliable and trustworthy.
This is a LIVE IN position. Job duties and reduced monthly rent in exchange for housing in our 3 bedroom, 2 bath cape on our property. This home (pictured below) has been recently renovated is over 1000 square feet.
General Responsibilities and Position Purpose:
- Provide daily security checks and cleaning of the main building.
- Nightly security check of facility and horses
- Facility maintenance assistance as directed.
- Work within facility budgets (cleaning supplies, building maintenance and repairs, building supplies); assist EOD with budget preparation
Prior Experience/Training Preferred:
- Animal care and/or farm experience
- Building and farm equipment (gas and diesel engine) maintenance experience
- Sound problem solving ability
- Housekeeping skills
- Equine/animal care skills
- Reliable & Trustworthy
- Independent worker with great communication skills
- Self starter who addresses facility care and safety needs without direct supervision
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Holly Sundmacker at (860) 434 1974 x127
or click here to email Holly.