High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. in Old Lyme, CT is seeking an Instructor to become a part of our growing team. This is an hourly role (unless specified otherwise) that reports directly to our Program Director.
Responsible for conducting classes and other program activities assigned in a timely, professional and safe manner.
- Instruct assigned classes; assisting in management of participants, horses and volunteers. Perform backup duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement Individual Riding Plan (IRP) for each participant as well as ongoing progress reports and periodic evaluation.
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, and participants as needed.
- Assist in planning and implementing participant activities.
- Mentor instructor candidates and volunteers (as appropriate/assigned).
- Work with volunteers to ensure safe, quality program activities.
- Complete all related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide professional representation of High Hopes to participants, families and community.
Prior Experience/Training Preferred:
- PATH Intl Certified Instructor
- Experience providing riding lessons, horsemanship skills
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Interacts with other staff at periodic meetings
- Verbal and written skills
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Kitty Stalsburg at (860) 434 1974 x113
or click here to email Kitty.