||Special Equestrians is a nonprofit PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the successful leadership of the organization: staff and volunteer recruitment and retention, program excellence, stakeholder relationships, operations performance, fundraising and outreach, financial viability, regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement toward consistent achievement of SE’s mission.
The position is full-time flexible to accommodate the opening hours of Special Equestrians, interacting with part-time staff, attending Board meetings, and representing the organization at events.
This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as staff management experience (18 on staff). The successful candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated, and adaptable person with a strong service orientation toward all facets of the organization, and someone who enjoys working in an atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration.
Knowledge and Experience Required
• 4-year college degree; master’s degree or certification in nonprofit management, equine business, or disability services/studies, or related disciplines is desirable.
• 7 or more years of progressive management experience in a nonprofit organization; ideally with people with disabilities and/or in the equine-assisted therapeutic field; at least moderate knowledge of equine business operations and management, horse welfare.
• A successful track record of fundraising from multiple revenue sources that include the philanthropic, public, and private sectors.
• Understanding of federal and local laws applicable to nonprofit organizations including employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, health coverage, etc.
• Experience in budget preparation and financial management.
• Experience in project management.
• Adept at electronic word processing, financial management, social media, database management.
• PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructor Certification and solid horsemanship ideal.
Full position profile at www.specialequestrians.org/news-and-events/employment-opportunities/. To apply, email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.