Job Posting for Equine Manager
Saddle Up! in Franklin, TN is looking for a full-time Equine Manager. This position will have responsibility and accountability for the care, health, training, conditioning, and overall well-being of all Saddle Up! equines. A minimum of 3 years of experience with equines, especially in the areas of health and general care and conditioning/training is required. Experience in Middle TN and in the area of equine assisted activities and therapies is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in equine science or related field, 3 years of experience running an equine facility, or 3 years as a veterinary technician with equines. Candidate must possess strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft applications, Salesforce, and Asana is a plus. Experience at a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center is preferred. Candidate must be able to safely and competently transport equines with a truck and a 4-horse trailer. Candidate must also possess strong management, organizational, planning, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Commitment to positive communications, teamwork, team building, and excellent customer service with staff, volunteers, families, and participants is required. In this role, candidates will be required to be self-motivated, work independently and part of a team, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and develop and implement a budget related to their areas of responsibility.
Saddle Up! is a PATH International Premier Accredited Center in Franklin, TN. This position will report to the Program Operations Director. This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance and 401(K). Hours include evening and weekend shifts. A background check is required. To apply for this position please answer the following behavioral interview questions in a cover letter and submit to email@example.com along with a copy of your resume.
- Can you tell me about a time when you were able to effectively “read” another person and guide your actions by your understanding of their individual needs or values?
- When working on a team, what role do you usually take? Why?
- What process do you use to establish priorities? Be specific.
- Give some examples of ways you minimize stress in your life.
- Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
- There is an emergency in the barn on a Sunday evening – what do you do?