High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. in Old Lyme, CT is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to become a part of our growing team. This is a full time, salaried position offering a flexible schedule including occasional evenings & weekends that reports directly to our Volunteer Manager.
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) supports the Volunteer Manager (VM) to ensure that the volunteer resource needs for High Hopes programs are being effectively met.
- Responsible for daily coordination of volunteers to meet program needs
- Works with VM to support ongoing recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers
- Ensures adequate volunteer support for all programs and services
- Assist in coordination and implementation of volunteer trainings, program and special activities and events
- Assist with planning and conducting volunteer events, recognition and enrichment activities
- Maintains volunteer data in compliance with the organization and PATH International standards
Prior Experience/Training Preferred:
- Bachelors preferred; PATH Intl. instructor/CTRI a plus
- Previous volunteer management, human resources or similar administrative experience and horse experience preferred
- Highly organized, effective time management
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Interpersonal / public speaking
- Problem solving / creativity
- Able to work independently, multi-task & prioritize
- Word, Power point, Excel and Salesforce database
For more information or to submit a resume, please email email@example.com.