This workshop is ideal for all therapeutic riding (TR) and equine assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) professionals seeking an interactive, hands-on educational experience to further their understanding of communication, subsequent behaviors, and behavior management techniques that can be utilized in the TR and EAAT settings. This workshop is taught by a Special Education teacher and PATH Intl. Certified Riding Instructor.
- PATH Intl. approved CEU’s = 7 DE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Mental Health Professionals
- Education Professionals
The objective of this workshop is to provide instructors with an understanding of the functions of behaviors, and how to utilize research-based theories and strategies to respond to difficult situations. An interactive morning lecture will be followed by a hands-on educational experience to practice skills.
- Learn behavior management techniques that will most effectively help participants meet their goals in a positive, successful, and safe manner.
- Delve into various behaviors experienced in the TR and EAAT settings stemming from a wide range of disabilities, such as ASD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and working with youth-at-risk who struggle with conduct disorders, anxiety, and/or aggression.
ABOUT HIGH HOPES:
High Hopes has 45 years of demonstrated success in the field of EAAT & non-profit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited
Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.