PATH Intl. CEUs 5 DE; 2CR
This lecture will discuss normal development vs. abnormal development.
- How do abnormal reflexes affect the rider’s movements?
- What activities can the instructor use to improve the rider’s control?
Mechanics of Mounting and Dismounting
- How do you protect your back?
- How can you best assist the rider with mounting?
Precautions & Contraindications
- How to interpret the PATH Intl. guidelines and make the best use of this resource?
- What other sources are available?
The Instructional Team
- Who are they?
- Putting it all together to be able to effectively provide a safe but challenging equine experience for the client.
Who should attend:
- Equine professionals, therapists, and volunteers interested in therapeutic riding
- PATH Intl. Instructor in Training Candidates
- PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructors seeking advancement and CEUs
This lecture can be taken in three different ways:
- A stand-alone lecture for continuing education purposes.
- As part of the 7-day Disability Module (see below)
- or as part of the 16-day High Hopes’ Instructor Training Course a component of the Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor education process.
If you are unsure as to your educational needs or ambitions, please schedule a telephone conversation with our Training & Education team, prior to signing up.
- D1 Riding from an Anatomical Point of View
- D2 Physical Disabilities
- D3 Growth & Development
- D4 Managing Challenging Behavior
- D5 and D6 Cognitive & Psychosocial Disorders 1 & 2
- D7 Speech & Language, Sensory Integration & Autism
Why High Hopes?
HIGH HOPES HAS 45 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EAAT & NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility with extensive sensory trails
- A dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.