- This event has passed.
The Equine Specialist workshop is a three-day workshop offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues.
- PATH Intl. approved CEU’s = 2 ESMHL CR; 6 DE; 12 CE
This workshop and skills test are two of the components required for this PATH Intl. ESMHL professional certification. It is beneficial to have horsemanship skills and experience when attending the workshop but it is not required. Horsemanship Skills Test: The skills test is held on day 4 following the ESMHL workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) or Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP).
- Equine Professionals
- Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Anyone who works with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Therapeutic Relationships
- HIPAA, Confidentiality and Ethical Parameters
- Relationship and Collaboration Exercises
- Equine Behavior and Management
- Session Goals—Rider Skills, Therapy, Education
High Hopes has 45 years of demonstrated success in the field of EAAT & non-profit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited
Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.