- This event has passed.
The Equine Specialist workshop is a three-day workshop offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues.
- PATH Intl. approved CEU’s = 2 ESMHL CR; 6 DE; 12 CE
The workshop is a requirement of the ESMHL certification. It is beneficial to have horsemanship skills and experience when attending the workshop but it is not required. Horsemanship Skills Test: The skills test is held on day 4 following the ESMHL workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) or Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP).
- Equine Professionals
- Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Anyone who works with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Therapeutic Relationships
- HIPAA, Confidentiality and Ethical Parameters
- Relationship and Collaboration Exercises
- Equine Behavior and Management
- Session Goals—Rider Skills, Therapy, Education
ABOUT HIGH HOPES:
High Hopes has 45 years of demonstrated success in the field of EAAT & non-profit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited
Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.