The Equine Specialist workshop is a three-day workshop offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues.
- PATH Intl. approved CEU’s = 2 ESMHL CR; 6 DE; 12 CE
The workshop is a requirement of the ESMHL certification. It is beneficial to have horsemanship skills and experience when attending the workshop but it is not required. Horsemanship Skills Test: The skills test is held on day 4 following the ESMHL workshop.
(BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKSHOP NORMALLY FILLS QUICKLY)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) or Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP).
- Equine Professionals
- Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Anyone who works with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Therapeutic Relationships
- HIPAA, Confidentiality and Ethical Parameters
- Relationship and Collaboration Exercises
- Equine Behavior and Management
- Session Goals—Rider Skills, Therapy, Education
Age 21 or older
Current PATH Intl. individual member
Equestrian skills on the flat in English or Western tack comparable to those described in Pony Club C or CHA Level I
Familiarity with PATH Intl. Standards and PATH Intl. Code of Ethics, and/or a PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor
High Hopes has 47 years of
demonstrated success in the field of Equine Assisted Services & nonprofit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications, and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited
Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails
- Dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.