The Equine Specialist workshop is a three-day workshop offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues.
- PATH Int’l approved CEU’s = 2 ESMHL CR; 6 DE; 12 CE
The workshop is a requirement of the ESMHL certification. It is beneficial to have horsemanship skills and experience when attending the workshop but it is not required. Horsemanship Skills Test: The skills test is held on day 4 following the ESMHL workshop.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) or Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP).
- Equine Professionals
- Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Anyone who works with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
Topics to be covered in the Workshop include:
- Therapeutic Relationships
- HIPAA, Confidentiality and Ethical Parameters
- Relationship and Collaboration Exercises
- Equine Behavior and Management
- Session Goals—Rider Skills, Therapy, Education
- Mandy Hogan, PATH Int’l Master Therapeutic Riding Instructor, ESMHL and Co-author of ESMHL Curriculum/Workshop
- Susanne Haseman, MEd, LCMHC, CEIP-MH, ESMHL and PATH, Int’l Advanced Therapeutic Riding Instructor
- 21 or older.
- Current PATH Int’l individual member.
- Equestrian skills on the flat in English or Western tack comparable to those described in Pony Club C or CHA Level I.
- Familiarity with PATH Intl. Standards and PATH Intl. Code of Ethics, and/or a PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor.
- All participants must download a copy of the ESMHL certification booklet and bring it to the workshop and skills test. The booklet is available at ESMHL Certification Book A limited number of booklets will also be available at the workshop for an additional $15 fee.
- Download an application form HERE
Continuing Education Units:
- PATH Int’l approved CEU’s = 2 ESHML CR; 6 DE; 12 CE
For more information, contact:
High Hopes is…
- A PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center
- Internationally renowned for training & education
- Accredited by the Certified Horsemanship Association
- 501c3 Non-Profit Center
- Four Star Charity through Charity Navigator
- Lectures by experienced professionals
- Networking opportunities
- A dynamic learning environment
- Workshop ONLY $475.00
- Workshop AND Horsemanship Skills Test $625.00
- Horsemanship Skills Test ONLY $150.00
- Cost includes breakfast and lunch each day. On the last day of the workshop, a skills test review will be held.
- The skills test will occur on day 4. No breakfast or lunch provided on this day.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- High Hopes reserves the right to cancel the workshop and/or the skills test on or before the event due to insufficient registrants. In this case all paid registration fees will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations prior to the registration deadline will receive a full refund minus a $150 service fee.
- No reimbursements will be granted after the registration deadline.
October 10, 2018
Please note that this course normally fills ahead of the closing date.