PATH Intl. Onsite Workshop & Certification for those training for a career in Therapeutic Riding. This workshop is for the first level – Registered Instructor.
PATH Intl. offers three levels of Instructor Certification for therapeutic riding: Registered, Advanced and Master.
Each level has specific criteria included with the application materials.
This workshop and certification is for the Registered Level only.
In order to become a PATH Intl. Registered Instructor, you must successfully complete two phases of the certification process.
Phase One (PATH Intl.)
A complete description and application form are contained in the Registered Certification Application Booklet available through PATH Intl. at www.pathintl.org or (800) 369-7433. Any questions that you have regarding Phase One should be directed to the PATH Intl. office.
Phase Two (Host Site—High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc.)
Upon successful completion of Phase One, you will receive a confirmation letter from the PATH Intl. office. At this point you are considered an Instructor-In-Training (IT). You may retain this designation for twelve months from the date of your confirmation letter. At the end of the twelve months, you must have completed all the components of Phase Two. Phase Two participants will be required to:
- Complete 25 hours of teaching mounted therapeutic riding lessons under the supervision/mentorship of a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor.
- Attend a Registered Instructor On-Site Workshop. You must attend a workshop PRIOR to the certification component.
- Please note that the workshops are valid for 2 years.
- Successfully complete a Registered Instructor On-Site Certification.
- Who should attend?
- To have completed PATH Intl. Phase 1
- To have completed 25 hours of teaching mounted therapeutic riding lessons under the supervision/mentorship of a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor.
- To attend the certification day only you MUST have proof of having attended a PATH Intl. Approved Workshop
- High Hopes horses have a weight limit of 180 lbs. We do require a submission of a riding video prior to confirmation from candidates at or over 165 lbs. Submission of the video is for the center to ensure we can accommodate all candidates during their mounted ride for certification. This video will be reviewed by our center representative and will not be utilized for evaluation. If you exceed this weight limit, you will need to contact PATH Intl. for accommodation requirements of the riding portion of Phase Two.
You may register for our PATH Intl. Onsite Workshop & Certification using the form below – or download a paper registration form to your right.
High Hopes has 45 years of demonstrated success in the field of EAAT & non-profit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.