In order to become a PATH Intl. Advanced Instructor, you must successfully complete the Advanced Certification packet (located on the PATH Intl. website) and return it to High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. with a copy of your PATH Intl. membership card, and current copies of your CPR and First Aid Certification.
Pre-Requisites for Advanced Certification:
– Candidate is at least 21 years of age
– Current PATH Intl. member
– Candidate is already a PATH Intl. Registered Instructor
or Driving Instructor
– Current copy of CPR and First Aid Cards
– Documentation of Teaching Hours Form (120 hrs. minimum under supervision of certified PATH Intl. instructor)
Additional Paperwork will be requested with your confirmation letter:
– Resume & References (Personal and Center Reference)
– Release Forms: Emergency Medical Treatment Form, Liability Release Form and Photo Release
Advanced Written Exam:
This is the exam candidates must take to complete their certification. The exam can be taken on-site at the certification however it is recommended to be taken prior to the on-site certification online with a proctor. Contact PATH Intl. for details.
An accommodation is an adjustment or an adaptation of a component or components of the Advanced Instructor Certification Process in order to meet the special needs of the candidate. Requests for an accommodation to any part of the process must be made in writing and submitted to the PATH Intl. office 60 days prior to your On-Site Certification date. All requests for accommodations will be reviewed by the PATH Intl. Riding Certification Subcommittee on an individual basis and applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision. For more information please contact the PATH Intl. office. For example, if you are over the Host Site’s weight limit and they cannot accommodate out side horses you will need to ask the PATH Intl. office for an accommodation.
To Register: Please complete attached forms and send them together with the required fee and documents listed to:
High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. 36 Town Woods Road, Old Lyme, CT 06371.
(860) 434-1974 x115 Attn: Sarah Carlson, firstname.lastname@example.org