This 3-day workshop will provide PATH Intl. Instructors with the knowledge and skills required at the advanced level. Participants will explore all aspects of the PATH Intl. Advanced Criteria through discussion, hands-on learning, and teaching opportunities with current High Hopes participants.
PATH Intl. approved CEUs =10 Riding CR; 5 DE; 6 CE
This 3-day workshop will focus on providing a comprehensive review of PATH Intl. Advanced Instructor Criteria and will explore all aspects of the Criteria through classroom discussion, hands-on learning, and teaching opportunities with current High Hopes participants. This workshop will include many opportunities for discussion and candidate evaluation.
Who should attend?
- Instructors seeking professional development
- Those planning to attend an Advanced Certification in the next two years
- Anyone wishing to hone their teaching skills
Topics to be covered:
- Topics to be covered in the Workshop include:
- Cognitive and Physical disabilities
- Able-Bodied teaching
- Personal riding skills through participation in a lesson
- Group Instruction to individuals with disabilities
- Lesson planning for diverse groups
- Advanced mounting and dismounting techniques
- Lungeing techniques
- Participants must be PATH Intl. Registered Instructors with over 75 hours of instruction.
- Participants must be secure riders at walk, trot and canter
- Limited Availability to 6 participants
HIGH HOPES HAS 45 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EAAT & NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.