- This event has passed.
Contact us to schedule your on-demand workshop
The purpose of this workshop is to increase the professionalism and knowledge within the Therapeutic Riding Industry. This interactive training provides PATH Intl. Certified Instructors with an overview of the role of a mentor within the EAAT industry and the necessary skills and tools to apply this knowledge to mentor other instructor candidates. This workshop includes 12 hours of classroom education and 8 hours of online education, which applies towards annual continuing education hours for compliance as a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor. The objectives of the workshop are to enhance and build observation, evaluation and feedback skills through group activities and to give the mentor tools that will help individual mentors and centers in setting up a mentoring program, including enhancing communication skills and to build a trusting and collegial relationship between the mentor and mentee.
PATH Intl. approved CEUs =14 CE
Who should attend?
- Instructors seeking professional development
- Those planning to attend an Advanced Certification in the next two years
- Anyone wishing to hone their teaching skills
Topics to be covered in the Workshop include:
- Cognitive and Physical disabilities
- Able-Bodied teaching
- Personal riding skills through participation in a lesson
- Group Instruction to individuals with disabilities
- Lesson planning for diverse groups
- Advanced mounting and dismounting techniques
- Lungeing techniques
- This workshop will also provide opportunities for candidate evaluation.
- For Certified Mentor prerequisites and a complete description of the current Mentor Certification process, please consult the PATH Intl. website or call the PATH Intl. office at 800.369.7433
- PATH Intl. member and PATH Intl. Certified Instructor – 18 Years or older
- Complete a review of the online CAT course and Self Study, unless you have completed it within the last 12 months.
- Workshop participants will be enrolled through their registration with the PATH Intl. Center holding the workshop.
HIGH HOPES HAS 45 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EAAT & NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.