High Hopes offers “Certification on Demand” for “first time” participants who are unable to attend our twice-a-year OSWC dates, and for those who need to take the certification a second time (“recertification”). In order to become a PATH Intl. Registered Instructor, you must complete two phases of the certification process.
Prerequisites: • Phase Two first time participants
Upon successful completion of Phase One, you will receive a confirmation letter from the PATH Intl. office. At this point you are considered an Instructor-In-Training (IT). You may retain this designation for twelve months from the date of your confirmation letter. At the end of the twelve months, you must have completed all the components of Phase Two:
– Complete 25 hours of teaching mounted therpeutic riding lessons under the supervision/mentorship of a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor.
– Attend a Registered Instructor On-Site Workshop. You must attend a workshop PRIOR to the certification component. (Please note that the workshops are valid for 2 years).
– Successfully complete a Registered Instructor On-Site Certification
• Phase Two recertification participants
– Attend a workshop within two years of the certification and provide proof to the host site
– Complete teaching hours within two years of the certification
– Submit an extra 10 hours of mentored teaching for those who did not meet criteria on both components
– Fill out a new Phase Two packet (this can include the same references). Must include CPR, First Aid, etc.
– Submit the PATH Intl. “resubmission application form” which has the resubmission deadline on it. It is one year from the date the letter was sent. This letter replaces the IT letter
To Register: Please complete attached forms and send them together with the required fee and documents listed to: High Hopes Therapeutic Riding, Inc. 36 Town Woods Road, Old Lyme, CT 06371.
(860) 434-1974 x115 Attn: Sarah Carlson, email@example.com