Physical Disabilities & Teaching Considerations
- This event has passed.
CTRI Prep Workshop
PATH Intl. CEUs: 7 DE
Join us to improve your understanding of how our posture affects our abilities to ride or drive.
Who should attend:
- Equine professionals, therapists, and volunteers interested in mounted Equine Assisted Services
- PATH Intl. Instructor-in-Training Candidates
- PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructors seeking advancement and CEUs
- This lecture will provide an overview of physical disabilities and teaching considerations for common neurological and orthopedic impairments.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebrovascular Accident
- Brain Injured
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Precautions & Contraindications
- How to interpret the PATH Intl. guidelines and make the best use of this resource?
- What other sources are available?
- Learn Mechanics of Mounting & Dismounting
- How do you protect your back?
- How can you best assist the rider with mounting?
Why High Hopes?
HIGH HOPES HAS OVER 47 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EQUINE ASSISTED SERVICES & NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, and board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines, and development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Services.
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full-service indoor and outdoor facility with extensive sensory trails.
- A dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library, and kitchen facility.