Participants will increase awareness of Autism and Sensory Processing considerations in therapeutic riding. Participants will learn new therapeutic riding techniques specific to Autism and Sensory Processing and further understand the impact of Autism and how a rider adapts to the sensory-rich environment.
PATH Intl. approved CEUs = 7 DE
This workshop is ideal for all therapeutic riding professionals seeking an interactive, hands-on educational experience to further their understanding of Autism and Sensory Processing Issues in the TR setting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Instructors seeking professional development
- Those planning to attend an Advanced Certification in the next two years
- Anyone wishing to hone their teaching skills
- Increase your awareness of Autism and Sensory Processing considerations in equine assisted activities.
- Enhance your instructor toolbox with new therapeutic riding techniques specialized for participants with autism and sensory processing needs.
- Further understand the impact of Autism on participants’ perspective and ability to adapt to the TR environment.
- Participants must be PATH Intl. Registered Instructors with over 75 hours of instruction.
- Participants must be secure riders at walk, trot, and canter
ABOUT HIGH HOPES:
High Hopes has 45 years of demonstrated success in the field of EAAT & non-profit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited
Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.