PATH Intl CEUs: 7DE
This workshop is ideal for all therapeutic riding professionals seeking an interactive, hands-on educational experience to further their understanding of Autism and Sensory Processing issues in the Therapeutic Riding (TR) and Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies (EAAT) settings.
Who should attend?
- PATH Intl. Certified Instructors seeking professional development.
- Educators & EAAT Professionals.
- Individuals wishing to expand knowledge of autism & sensory integration.
This workshop will include lectures and discussion to:
- Increase your awareness of Autism and Sensory Processing considerations in Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies.
- Enhance your instructor toolbox with new therapeutic riding techniques specialized for participants with autism and sensory processing needs.
- Further understand the impact of Autism on participants’ perspective and ability to adapt to the TR & EAAT environments.
This lecture can be taken in three different ways:
- A stand-alone lecture for continuing education purposes.
- As part of the 7-day Disability Module (see below)
- or as part of the 16-day High Hopes’ Instructor Training Course a component of the Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor education process.
If you are unsure as to your educational needs or ambitions, please schedule a telephone conversation with our Training & Education team, prior to signing up.
- D1 Riding from an Anatomical Point of View
- D2 Physical Disabilities
- D3 Growth & Development
- D4 Managing Challenging Behavior
- D5 and D6 Cognitive & Psychosocial Disorders 1 & 2
- D7 Speech & Language, Sensory Integration & Autism
Why High Hopes?
HIGH HOPES HAS 45 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EAAT & NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility with extensive sensory trails
- A dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.