PATH Intl. CEUs: 7 CE
Equine selection and training are central to the success of our therapeutic horsemanship programs. Join our staff in a conversation about finding the right equine for your program’s needs, training them for their unique roles, and maintaining their well-being to ensure longevity in your herd.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wishes to learn more about equine management in Equine Assisted Service programs:
- Equine Managers
- Program Directors
- Therapeutic Riding Instructors
- Equine Specialists and more….
Course Topics will include:
- Strategies for developing, implementing, and maintaining health care systems for therapy horses
- Keeping your herd of therapy horses healthy and sound
- Stress control: Management techniques for happy horses
- Recruiting and selecting the right horses for your program
- Planning a trial period
- Life beyond the TR Center
- Equine movement and analysis–form to function
- Saddle fit and effects of equipment
This lecture can be taken in two different ways:
- A stand-alone lecture for continuing education purposes.
- As part of the High Hopes Instructor Education Course–a component of the Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor education process.
If you are unsure as to your educational needs or ambitions, please schedule a telephone conversation with our Training & Education team prior to signing up.
Why High Hopes?
HIGH HOPES HAS 47 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EQUINE ASSISTED SERVICES & NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, and board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines and development.
- Workshops, certifications, and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Services.
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Training Course since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced, and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full-service indoor and outdoor facility with extensive sensory trails.
- A dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library, and kitchen facility.