- Advanced PATH, High Hopes Workshops, On-Demand Workshops & Certifications, PATH, PATH Workshops, Training & Education
Virtual Advanced Prep Workshop January-February, 2023
- This event has passed.
The Advanced Prep workshop will be a five part series offered virtually which will focus on providing a comprehensive review of the PATH Intl. Advanced Instructor criteria. Each week attendees will participate in an virtual educational offering including Q&A time and then work on your own to submit videos for review and feedback. This workshop will include many opportunities for discussion and candidate evaluation.
FOCUS OF TRAINING:
- Cognitive and Physical disabilities
- Able-Bodied teaching
- Personal riding skills
- Group instruction to individuals with disabilities
- Lesson Planning for diverse groups
- Advanced mounting and dismounting techniques
- Lungeing techniques
- To help prepare qualified attendees to complete the PATH Intl. Advanced Certification
TRAINING IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Instructors seeking professional development
- Those planning to attend an Advanced Certification in the next two years
- Anyone wishing to hone their teaching skills
- PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor with over 75 hours of instruction
- Familiarity with PATH Intl. Standards and code of ethics
- January 14, 2023 1-4pm (EST)
- January 21, 2023 1-4pm (EST)
- January 28, 2023 1-4pm (EST)
- February 4, 2023 1-4pm (EST)
- February 11, 2023 1-4pm (EST)
Full workshop attendees will also be responsible for submitting videos for review and feedback on a weekly basis.
- Five minute lungeing demonstration
- Demo ride of W/T/C and advanced criteria to also include horse presentation
- Fifteen Minute Able-Bodied teaching demonstration
- One Therapeutic Riding Lesson
This workshop will be taught by some of the most experienced people in the field and will give attendees a chance to enhance their skills.
( PLEASE NOTE- LIMITED TO 4 ATTENDEES FOR FULL PARTICIPATION AND UNLIMITED SPACE FOR AUDITORS)
Auditing options available for education only- no video review
High Hopes has 47 years of demonstrated success in the field of Equine Assisted Services & nonprofit management:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications, and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Services.
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Training Curriculum since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails.
- Dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.