Autism: Different, Not Disordered
Come take a look at autism through a neurodiverse lens
LIVE WEBINAR- April 5, 2023 5:30PM EST
PATH Intl. CEUs: 1DE
Presented by: Amanda Vellali, M.S., CCC-SLP Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist
Whether you are learning about this diagnosis for the first time or you already have some familiarity. Learn about what autism is and what it is not, misconceptions, preferred terminology, and more! Walk away with strategies you can begin implementing tomorrow. Feel more comfortable and confident supporting neurodivergent participants.
- What is autism and what is it not?
- The autism spectrum
- The neurodiversity movement
- Medical vs social model of disability
- Reframing our thoughts and language
- Neurodiversity affirming practices
- Deconstruction “behaviors”
- Calm down tips
- Motivation and Special interests