High Hopes Therapeutic Riding
Board of Trustees Meeting
Hybrid Meeting, Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Attendees: J. Bolles, N. Bulkeley, S Canning, J. Catlett, S. Douglas, J. Kangley, T. Machnik, M. Mummert, V. Newton, J. Ridgway, G. Rodgers. M. Wacs, P. Watt, N. Yonker
Absent: Excused H. Childs, G. Varga
Guests: Staff: K. Stalsburg, C. Bourn, L. Olsen, H. Sundmacker
Board Chair call meeting to order at 5:00
- Board Chair Update
- Thank you to everyone who helped the transition into the Chair role, especially Jackie. H. Childs has indicated the need to step down from the Board and will send a written resignation.
- As a Board we are transparent, opinions are important, open and robust conversations and views are valued
- Motion: To approve the consent agenda and committee minutes previously submitted. Approved
- Canning stated that the Governance Committee not firm
- Board Goals were discussed.
- Initiated new Strategic Planning process – Catlett, R. Schonberger and M. Fader expressed interest in this.
- 100% Board participation in the Annual Appeal
- Support the new Chief Development Officer
- Please send agenda and meeting materials out well in advance of all committee meetings.
- Executive Director Update:
- Volunteer Coordinator Position – search continues.
- Search Committee in round 4 of interviews for CDO
- Kitty working with communication/marketing. Vendor contracts redone
- Academic program is underway
- Went over committee goals.
- Program Presentation
- Chelsea – Please refer to Power point presentation distributed to board who attended in person. Presentation will be emailed to board on zoom.
- Budget in good position. PPP helped
- Market strong – endowment in strong position
- Receive first draft for audit
- Holiday Market – in person. Have a full complement of vendors/food trucks. Sponsorship slow. Board members will receive 3 raffle tickets to sell for the Horse Chips.
Fall Initiatives are underway and on time
- Asked the Board for ideas for a Cultivation event
- Facility and Equine
- Outdoor arena needs footing replacements
- Holly – update on HVAC upgrade. Holding up on increasing herd. Looking for someone with experience with mechanical skills and helping with mowing
Nancy Bulkeley, Secretary