Our one and a half-day workshops are designed to provide PATH Intl. Certified Instructors with an overview of the role of a mentor within the EAS industry and the necessary skills and tools to apply this knowledge to mentor other instructional candidates. The objectives of the workshop are to enhance and build observation, evaluation and feedback skills through group activities and to give the mentor tools that will help individual mentors and centers in setting up a mentoring program.
Contact us to schedule your on-demand workshop
The purpose of this workshop is to increase the professionalism and knowledge within the Therapeutic Riding Industry. This interactive training provides PATH Intl. Certified Instructors with an overview of the role of a mentor within the EAS industry and the necessary skills and tools to apply this knowledge to mentor other instructor candidates. This workshop includes 12 hours of classroom education and 8 hours of online education, which applies towards annual continuing education hours for compliance as a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor. The objectives of the workshop are to enhance and build observation, evaluation and feedback skills through group activities and to give the mentor tools that will help individual mentors and centers in setting up a mentoring program, including enhancing communication skills and to build a trusting and collegial relationship between the mentor and mentee.
PATH Intl. approved CEUs =14 CE
Day 1: 10am – 6pm, Day 2: 8am – 3pm
Who should attend?
- Instructors seeking professional development
- Those planning to attend an Advanced Certification in the next two years
- Anyone wishing to hone their teaching skills
Topics to be covered in the Workshop include:
- Cognitive and Physical disabilities
- Able-Bodied teaching
- Personal riding skills through participation in a lesson
- Group Instruction to individuals with disabilities
- Lesson planning for diverse groups
- Advanced mounting and dismounting techniques
- Lungeing techniques
- This workshop will also provide opportunities for candidate evaluation.
- For Certified Mentor prerequisites and a complete description of the current Mentor Certification process, please consult the PATH Intl. website or call the PATH Intl. office at 800.369.7433
- PATH Intl. member and PATH Intl. Certified Instructor – 18 Years or older
- Complete a review of the online CAT course and Self Study, unless you have completed it within the last 12 months.
- Workshop participants will be enrolled through their registration with the PATH Intl. Center holding the workshop.
HIGH HOPES HAS 47 YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN THE FIELD OF EAS & NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
- Program, equine, and facility management.
- Business management, marketing fundraising, & board development.
- Volunteer management. We have over 650 volunteers serving our program, facility, equines & development.
- Workshops, certifications and professional development in all aspects of Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies:
- PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center since 1979.
- PATH Intl. Approved Instructor Training Curriculum since 1996.
- PATH Intl. Master, Advanced and Specialty Certified mentors.
- Full service indoor and outdoor facility, extensive sensory trails and a dedicated air-conditioned classroom, library and kitchen facility.
* a minimum number of participants is required for the standard price
You May Also Like...
Have Questions or Just Want to Say Hey?
High Hopes Therapeutic Riding is located at 36 Town Woods Road, Old Lyme, CT.Contact Us
Horses and Humans Improving Lives
The people who come to High Hopes represent all ages & backgrounds.The majority of our participants are between the ages of 3 and 14, some are in their 70’s. Most participants have varying degrees of cognitive, physical, behavioral, psychological or sensory disabilities.About Us
Leading Riders to Results
As a charitable nonprofit organization, High Hopes is governed by a 17-member all-volunteer Board of Trustees, and managed by a professional staff of 25 paid employees, of whom 12 are full-time. The staff is augmented by over 652 active volunteers who further support our daily operations.Our Team