High Hopes is looking for a success-driven, visionary and highly motivated professional equipped with a broad background in providing leadership in developing programs and services to help us fulfill our important mission as we embark on the next 50 years of service to the community. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will oversee the strategic and operational efficiencies of our programs and staff. This seasoned leader will develop and maintain an understanding of current trends in the field of therapeutic riding and will also have experience in developing and implementing a successful fundraising plan. Experience in hiring, managing and developing staff is essential, and established relationships with local community groups is a plus. Above all, the Executive Director should be highly effective in a leadership role that requires clear communication skills and decisiveness.
The role of the Executive Director is to oversee the operations, finances and programs of the organization. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, provide guidance and strategic direction to achieve the organizations mission and goals. Lead and manage High Hopes to achieve optimum results, including: program quality and safety; program innovation and growth; implementation of a balanced budget; and development of a culture of collaboration among all constituents and stakeholders (employees, volunteers, parents, students, the community and the Board).
- Oversee daily operations of the organization providing executive direction for program strategies and efficiencies, ensuring the delivery of safe, high quality and progressive programs.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Highly focused on developing an exceptional workforce of staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong work culture that attracts and retains people while driving the organization’s mission.
- Ensure that an effective management team is in place, keeping succession planning an integral part of the staff development process.
- Develop and implement an annual operating plan with a balanced budget and a prioritized capital plan.
- Maintain High Hopes’ accreditation status as a premier Center with PATH Int’l.
- Oversee the fundraising and development efforts to maximize program access for participants through financial aid; continue to expand the donor base through long-range cultivation and stewardship.
- Work with staff and board on annual fundraising benefit and additional events, and oversee all external communications, including website, marketing collateral, newsletters and social media.
- Serve as the face of the organization and participate in external events to increase visibility, credibility and public engagement.
- Develop strategic partnerships to further increase community awareness and expand programs.
- Manage staff members and participants whose experiences, cultures and languages reflect the communities served by the organization.
- Lead the organization in accordance with the directives of the Board of Trustees.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and CAPABILITIES
- A minimum of five to eight years of senior leadership/management experience within a successful non-profit organization of comparable size and scale. Experience with a nonprofit human services provider is preferred.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Knowledge and passion for mission.
- A proven track record of growing organizational capacity and programmatic impact.
- High level strategic thinking and planning capability with the ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, develop and collaborate with staff.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Knowledge and experience in the human services sector preferred.
Provide Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org