High Hopes Therapeutic Riding is seeking a full time Development Officer. Are you a builder? Are you inspired by the power of philanthropy? The development program is evolving and we’re seeking a fundraising professional to be part of our transformation.
This position reports to Development Director
This key administrative role will coordinate and execute operations of the Development program and provide technology support for the Program team.
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced: The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of professional experience including at least 2 years spent in a relevant role and the nonprofit space. Familiarity with the nonprofit landscape is strongly preferred. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products necessary. CRM database and management experience required – Salesforce preferred. Graphic design and website design skills necessary. If you don’t fit all these qualifications, education or experience, but you still believe you’re a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
- Principled: We look for colleagues who are excited about our mission and its impact.
- Bright: We want to work with people who are intelligent, self-directed, and curious; able to create order from ambiguity and translate strategy into practical action.
- Convivial: We put a premium on humor and good cheer and seek genuine, generous people who are fun to be around.
- Forthright: We value clear, intelligent, engaging communicators who balance warmth and candor as they earn respect and build honest and trusting relationships.
- Diligent: We search for conscientious colleagues who possess the prudence and discipline to work hard, strive for excellence, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and go above and beyond when necessary.
What You’ll Love
- Mission: Everything we do is guided by mission.
- Culture: We genuinely respect, trust, and enjoy working with our colleagues. We prioritize patience, courtesy, clarity, warmth, and humor in our interactions and decisions. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Growth: Team members are given a high degree of ownership over their work and have significant freedom to execute responsibilities. You’ll will be mentored in development industry best practices, do work you’re proud of, and enjoy the respect and appreciation of your colleagues. It’s hard work and sometimes chaotic, but exciting and rewarding.
- Flexibility: We are a hybrid department. Team members have the option to work at our tranquil facility and to work remotely. Team members are expected to be skilled and comfortable engaging colleagues through remote communication tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams. There are regular opportunities for in-person interaction. We also understand our staff have lives outside of work. We work hard and expect our colleagues to do the same, but we recognize maintaining a healthy life with family and community is equally important.
Donor Cultivation and Database Management (80%)
- Maintain an integrated system of relationship management, solicitations, and cultivation activities.
- Promptly and accurately enter donations into the Bloomerang donor database, and update donor information and contact reports regularly to ensure that the database is current, accurate, comprehensive, and useful.
- Promptly and accurately generate donor acknowledgments and other forms of communication including special fund reports and targeted donor communications.
- Manage development mailings and materials. Oversee list and production management of HIGH HOPES magazine, High Hopes Fund appeals, Annual Report, event invitations, impact reports and other targeted solicitations during the fiscal year.
- Mine, manipulate and merge data from non-conforming data sets.
- Generate development reports and maintain a development dashboard, grant reporting module other required reports needed by staff and/or development committee. Prepare minutes for Development Committee.
- Gather and prepare data for the annual report.
- Assist Finance Director with the monthly financial reconciliation and annual audit processes.
- Support development-related event planning, including the annual Gala, cultivation events and facilitate event sponsorships. Maintain guest and sponsor lists.
- Attend events as requested to enhance donor relationships and participation.
- Stay abreast of best practices in Development and Technology and participate in relevant professional development.
- Help create and maintain a positive culture of stewardship, understanding, accountability and trust with donors and staff.
- With support from Development Director, learn about different giving options and strategies for donors, and put them into practice.
- Manage and mentor Development Coordinator and Development Office Volunteer for professional and personal growth.
- Assist with special fundraising projects, such as 50th anniversary campaign, and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Maintain standard operating procedures documentation for development processes and data.
- Provide IT support for program staff including Salesforce. Communicate system updates/changes and assist with questions and issues. Participate in relevant external Salesforce user groups to stay informed of best practices and standards.
- In conjunction with Volunteer Manager, coordinate organizational communication needs: website, social media, marketing and newsletters.
- Maintain and update High Hopes website in coordination with other departments and vendors.
- Assess and implement development software include Auction platforms, Planned Giving marketing tools and integration options between Bloomerang and Salesforce. Assess new tools that may create efficiencies and improve fundraising and other organizational priorities.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Claire Gadrow, Development Director at (401) 209-9219
or click here to email Claire.