Provide quality care and maintenance for the horses and farm.
Reports to Operations Director; supervises Equine Resource Manager, barn staff, volunteers and Caretaker; Interacts with services team.
Resources Managed (budget and FTEs)
Full time salaried exempt position; Manages equine care budget area.
- Provide quality health care and ongoing maintenance for all horses
- Ensure equine resources effectively support programming through evaluation and training of current and prospective equines
- Provide and promote positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, training and retention
- Interact with equine community and prospective horse donors to recruit equine resources
- Manage horse retirement from program and subsequent placement
- Procure and maintain tack for all equine programs including selection and fit
- Ensure pastures, barn and program usage areas are safely maintained and meet the needs of the organization
- Assist in maintenance of all farm equipment and vehicles
Training & Education Required
Equine management expertise (BS or equivalent experience)
Prior Experience Preferred
- Strong familiarity with equine needs specific to EAAT
- Direct equine care experience
- Highly organized
- Effective communication skills
Interacts with staff, volunteers and community regarding horse resource and farm information.
Letters of inquiry and resumes may be submitted to email@example.com