Manage equine resources to ensure optimum contribution to the High Hopes programs.
Reports to Equine Operations Director; supervises schoolers, horse handlers and program volunteers who interact with equines; Interacts with other staff, committees as needed
Resources Managed (budget and FTEs)
Full time salaried exempt position; Manages training and development of equines.
- Ensure that equine partners are suitable for program activities through development and management of ongoing training, schooling and conditioning plans.
- Collaborate with Lesson Manager, Program Director and other staff to ensure program needs are met
- Participate in training volunteers relative to equine care, horse handling, exercise and schooling as needed
- Monitor daily equine staff performance/usage in all programs
- Teach assigned classes
- Mentor ITCs, Interns and other staff as needed
- Interact with equine community and prospective horse owners to identify equine resources
Training & Education Preferred
Equine training and handling expertise.
Prior Experience Preferred
- PATH Advanced level certification
- PATH Certified Driving Certification
- Strong familiarity with equine needs specific to EAAT
- Highly organized
- Effective communication skills
Detail / Comments (specific skills, etc.)
Interacts with staff, volunteers and community regarding behavior.
Letters of inquiry and resumes may be submitted to email@example.com